Why choose Central Properties?
Here at Central Properties we are specialists in the letting and management of property. We have over 18 years experience in the rental sector and extensive knowledge of the local market. Unlike estate agents we can focus all our resources on the efficient management of your property. Whether it be finding the perfect tenant through our carefully managed selection process, or keeping up to speed with new regulations, we know the industry inside out.
Our experienced staff have been working together for many years and have developed a lettings service that has identified and delivered on the needs of landlords. It is due to this professional and personal approach to our clients that we have continued to grow the business in an increasingly complex market.
As a client of Central Properties you can rest assured in the knowledge that your property is in safe hands. We are members of the following regulatory bodies:
- Leeds Property Association
- Residential Landlords Association
- Leeds City Council Landlords Accreditation Scheme
- Members of Unipol
- NALS - the National Approved Letting Scheme
- MyDeposits (the dispute service)
- TPO - The Property Ombudsman for Lettings
This means that our practices and client accounting systems are fully regulated.
At the end of the day we all want the same result - to get your property let! In order to make this happen we cover every angle in ensuring your propertygets as much exposure as possible.
- Erecting "To Let" boards at the property
- Using various property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla (we use many more!)
- Advertising on our own bespoke website, as well as social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Providing prospective tenants with property lists detailing each house
- Strong links with the local universities housing body, Unipol
- Accompanied viewings
Some landlords choose to manage their own properties but need an agent to help them find tenants. Take advantage of our simple Tenant Finding Service by getting your property on the major portals - Rightmove, Zoopla and our own website. We will market your property, conduct viewings and get the applicants details and the contract signed. You will be responsible for organising guarantors, deposits, and rental payments. Contact the office for details of how much this will cost.
For those who want to manage their own properties but need an agent to help find the tenants, and also to leave all the paperwork and chasing to us - Application forms, contract, guarantors, standing orders, credit referencing if appropriate.
- A visit to the property and advice on any action which needs to be taken before the property is let, including any repairs or refurbishments which are needed to put the property into a fit state for letting
- To recommend and agree with the Landlord the rent to be sought
- To promote the property and seek a suitable tenant.
- To market the property
- To conduct accompanied viewings
- To obtain references guarantors/credit checks as appropriate.
- To obtain guarantors for students and/or working people
- To provide and complete a tenancy agreement and take a deposit from the tenant to protect against possible damage, unless the Landlord wishes to be deposit free.
- The above of course is only a brief outline highlighting the main aspects of our Let Only service.
This is our all inclusive service that provides for all of the above plus:
- To collect the rent and pass it on to the Landlord every month or as agreed.
- Provide the Landlord with a monthly statement of account.
- Provide an inventory and schedule of condition at the start of the tenancy.
- Arrange for an Energy Performance Certificate to be provided.
- Arrange to have routine maintenance carried out up to an agreed level every month. To inform the Landlord if any works are likely to exceed this amount and to obtain permission to authorise such works.
Due to the introduction of the government approved dispute services a professional inventory acts as valuable evidence in the event of deducting monies from deposits, whether it be for damages accrued throughout the tenancy. The inventory forms a key element in our checking-in process and will contain all the items within the property including fixtures and fittings and remark on their condition.
It allows us to monitor the condition of your property and assess whether or not to retain any monies for repairs or dilapidations. We will check the property on a periodic basis during the tenancy to ensure the tenants are keeping it in good order. These inspections will highlight and repairs or issues that require attention, which we will organise as necessary, subject to your approval.
Depending on which of the above services you require we offer a competitive fee structure and can offer reductions for those landlords with larger property portfolios. If you would like further information please do not hesitate to get in touch.